10 Simple Tips for Healthier Grocery Shopping
Going grocery shopping? Here are 10 SIMPLE tips to remember:
1. If you can't pronounce it, don't eat it.
2. Try to pick foods with 5 ingredients or less.
3. Stick to the perimeter of the market for most of your foods. (veggies, fruits, yogurts, fresh fish and meats, etc.)
4. Make a list. Stick to it. If it's not in your pantry, you won't be eating it.
5. Try to buy as much organic as possible, but if you can't..IT'S OK.
6. Look for "Verified Non-GMO" on the label.
7. Buy real food. Butter over margarine. Full fat over non-fat. Sugar over sweetener.
8. Buy a rainbow of foods. Red apples, Squash, Lemons, Leafy greens, Blueberries, Beets, etc.
9. Avoid white. Bread. Flour. Sugar. Add more whole grains and unrefined foods. Raw cane sugar, whole grain pastas, etc.
10. Try new foods. Curious about that daikon radish? Go for it! Heard all the praise about Kale? Try a bunch! Find new recipes HERE!
#shopping #grocery #healthy #lifestyles #organic #nongmo #shoppinglist #healthyshopping